Who We Are
CGT Tours (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
CGT Battlefields Ltd, trading as CGT Tours, registered office is at Scots House, Scots Lane, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3TR and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07924105. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA167812, and act as the Data Controller when processing your data. Our designated Data Protection Officer is Zoi Pearce, who can be contacted at CGT Tours, Hollydene, 5 Warren Croft, North Nibley, Dursley, GLOS, GL11 6EN.
By using our website, requesting information from us or by confirming your booking you’re accepting our Booking Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice.
Information That We Collect
CGT Tours processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
When you book with us we need to pass on the groups details to other companies and organisations (these include all suppliers such as, airlines, transport providers, hotels, guides and excursion suppliers). The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them or required by law.
The personal data that we collect is:
- Contact Details (address, telephone number, email)
- Date of Birth
- Card Payment Details
- Passport details (including number, expiry date, Nationality, country of residence, date of birth and gender)
- Special Category Data (i.e. health/medical/dietary information)
- Information about your booking
- Images and video
We collect information in the below ways:
- On line enquiry forms
- Booking forms
- Email requests for final information
- Letters, calls or your messages
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
CGT Tours takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
When using the term personal data in our Privacy Notice, we mean information that relates to you or a member of your group and we presume you have gained the necessary consent from group member’s or if a youth group their parents and guardians, to use their personal data.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- Name, Organisation, Contact Details (address, telephone, email): We collect your personal data in order to provide you with an appropriate proposal for a tour and to provide you with confirmation of your booking. We will further use this information to contact you and manage your booking with us. Information about you will also be provided to confirm travel arrangements with third parties.
- Date of Birth: We will collect and share your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations if Travel Insurance is taken or required by transport providers.
- Card Payment Details: we collect your personal data, when you pay your deposit or make subsequent payments.
- Passport Details: we will collect and share your personal data when we book flights, complete API information for airlines and ferry operators, issue boarding passes and confirm your tour arrangements with all suppliers including hotels, transport providers, agents, excursion providers and guides.
- Special Category Data – we will use your information to ensure that the services we provide to you are suitable and services/third parties where necessary are made aware of this data.
- Information about your booking – we collect and store all data relevant to your booking, nominal roles, rooming lists, itinerary information to provide services to you.
- Communications – when you contact us or we contact you.
- Feedback – when you complete one of our questionnaires and return it to us.
- Images and Video – only where explicit consent is provided.
- Social Media – when you communicate with us on social media.
You have the right to access any personal information that CGT Tours processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
CGT Tours takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
Transfers Outside the EU
CGT Tours Ltd utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU Countries, which means that if you book a tour with us to a destination outside of the EU we may share your personal data with suppliers in these countries.
Therefore, when you contact us or book a tour to a destination outside of the EU, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by CGT Tours to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to CGT Tours, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
CGT Tours only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict reviews and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. All other information collected for the purpose of fulfilling your booking with us will be destroyed within 1 year.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the products and services that we offer, CGT Tours sometimes needs to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) about you, to ensure that we can fulfil your booking, for example dietary requirements will be passed to hotels and restaurants, medical information may also be passed to hotels, transport providers and guides so the most appropriate arrangements can be made for your comfort. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so. By providing any Special Categories Data you agree that we may collect and use it in order to provide our services and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
CGT Tours will occasionally send you information for tours by email and post that have been identified as being beneficial to our customers and in our interests. Such information will be relevant to you as a customer and is non-intrusive and you will always have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive the above-mentioned marketing and offers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging A Complaint
CGT Tours only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the data regulator in the UK is available on their website www.ico.org.uk. However, we would ask that you contact us before making a complaint and we will do our best to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
5 Warren Croft,
Tel: 01453 549979